As Bid Manager you will support the BD team developing bids and securing funding, and have the opportunity to support proposal production or commercial sales.
As Bid Manager you will manage and coordinate bids, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Control overall production of the bid volumes to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Ensure bid execution according to bid PA/QA philosophy; conduct bid/no bid reviews and later stage bid reviews (e.g. gold / red team) as appropriate, conduct win-theme analysis.
- Control bid finances, working with finance team and with external partners on multi-partner / consortium-style to assign / control finances.
- Support development of inputs to ESA ministerial and working with other teams, programme financial estimation.
- Lead the development of member state pitch forms, working with business analysis team as needed.
- Support creation of further bid process and integration into the sales pipeline process.
- Keep track of bid opportunities including sources such as ESA, EU, UKSA and make propositions as to what future projects fit which opportunities.
- Support business analysis team to evolve customer and competitor analyses
- Educated to BSc or equivalent in engineering
- Bid management in the space industry, ideally with experience of the full lifecycle of UKSA and ESA bids e.g. ARTES, GSTP, ITTs, UKSA SST programme.
- Experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages.
- Experience of delivering / compiling all the key volumes for bids: technical, commercial, financial, implementation, management, contractual, risk.
- An understanding of the ESA ecosystem and bidding into ESA calls.
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees considered
Global space organising developing innovative solutions across the spectrum of on-orbit servicing, with a mission for the safe and sustainable development of space for the generations to come. Plenty of opportunities for developing your career further
Bid Manager | Proposals Manager | Sales Manager | Space | Satellite | Space Missions | ARTES | GSTP | ITTs | UKSA SST
Bluestream People are an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.