As FPGA Design Engineer you will be part of a small, passionate team developing equipment and sub-systems for multiple space missions.
As FPGA Design Engineer supporting European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Producing firmware design concepts based on inputs.
- Producing formal FW requirements where necessary.
- HDL coding (VHDL and / or Verilog).
- Troubleshooting hardware and software for space missions
- Maintaining and extending legacy code on existing products
- Providing clear documentation
- MSc or BSc or equivalent in an analytical or quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or similar)
- Considerable commercial experience within FPGA within the space industry
- Strong skills in VHDL and / or Verilog coding
- Strong skills in simulation and test of FPGA code
- Ability to solve complex challenges in a small team
- Experience of working within formal configuration control methods
- Knowledge of C and embedded C
- Knowledge of Xilinx Ultrascale and / or Microsemi RTG4 development
- Awareness of engineering standards (preferably ECSS)
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare
Our client is a leading global space mission partner, working across robotics, satellite systems, and space imagery who are pushing the boundaries to tackle big challenges with innovative and pioneering solutions. Company is continually growing which opens up opportunities to develop your career further.
FPGA | FPGA Developer | VHDL | Xilinx |Space Industry | Space Hardware | C / Embedded C | Microsemi RTG4
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.