As Technical Support Advisor – MOD you will provide support for military applications both land and sea based. Together with 1st /2nd line network operations support including monitoring of NSSL’s VSAT Networks and its BGan POP.
As Technical Support Advisor – MOD you will be part of a friendly, supportive Global Customer Support Centre and report to Head of Operations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Liaising with the internal MoD projects and engineering teams and monitor and responding accordingly to the MoD Escalations email inbox
- Responding to customer enquiries and to reply quickly and efficiently ensuring that customer expectations are met and, for key customers, that SLA’s are met..
- Providing 1st/2nd line support for GCSC activity ensuring continuity between shifts (day and opposite night shift) and seamless handover of tasks outstanding
- Managing inbound calls as required by the Shift Supervisor
- Monitoring the GCSC associated infrastructure, investigate alarms, issue outage reports, act on high usage alerts and resolve any and all service issues.
- Managing cases through to resolution, with the assistance of the Technical Support Supervisor, escalating to both internal and external resolver groups
- Royal Navy communications systems
- Customer facing experience
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and support new systems and services
- Inmarsat and/or VSAT operational, service or technical experience
- In depth technical knowledge of at least some of the following customer equipment or systems o NAICIS, MNE, SCOT, LC2, IRL
- Inmarsat Satellite Maritime Customer equipment including T&T Sailor, JRC systems and Intellian FX o Cobham Seatel, T&T and Intellian VSAT equipment
- Inmarsat Land Mobile systems including Nera & T&T (BGans) Iridium Certus, Thuraya o 3G/4G Wireless LTE
- Knowledge of customer IT networks/systems eg IP address ranges Cisco and HP Switches
- Network Operations experience
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- On completion of probation, you will be eligible to with work from home Wednesdays and Fridays, or have “Time in Lieu” (work up to 1 hour per day before or after work to gain extra day off per month)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Onsite Gym
- Free parking
A highly established and successful communications service provider, with deep customer understanding and engineering skills who deliver integrated, affordable, and assured solutions to customers’ worldwide. A growing and ambitious company in an exciting sector, which can offer excellent potential for career progression.
Maritime Communication Systems | VSAT | Inmarsat | Cobham Seatel | 3G | 4G | Wireless | IP | Network | CISCO | HP Switches |
Bluestream People are an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.